Donkey Kong Country (SNES) is one of my all-time favorites (Top 30, probably higher), so I decided to buy the Switch version of the 2014 “sequel”... Tropical Freeze.
Learn how to high-bounce off an enemy. Get all the gold Banana Coins you can. The 1-Ups and bananas don't really matter.You will get better. There’s so much to unlock here, that the replay value (once you get over the hump) will make the game quite enjoyable.
It was on sale on the Nintendo eShop thingy. And holy shit, is it hard. It’s way hard. 🦧 The developers knew this, so they provided some much-needed mercy in spots. Here are some tips for you Switch players:
- Play as Funky Kong. Don’t even think about playing the classic way.
- Play. As. Funky. Kong. He hovers! He has more hearts!
- Use the alternate controller config. The action went way smoother after I could use X and Y to grab.
- Play thru once (and beat the game) without worrying about all the secrets.
- Once ready, this GameXplain video will help.
I really wish I had the advice above when I began! 🍌🍌🍌