Friday, August 14, 2020

DK Tropical Freeze advice 🏝️ ❄️

🦍 I’ve been meaning to write more here, and I’ve got my eyes on video games at this crazy time of self-quarantine. Before I post my Top 30 list (and articles), a warm up: the Nintendo Switch.

Donkey Kong Country (SNES) is one of my all-time favorites (Top 30, probably higher), so I decided to buy the Switch version of the 2014 “sequel”... Tropical Freeze.


It was on sale on the Nintendo eShop thingy. And holy shit, is it hard. It’s way hard. 🦧 The developers knew this, so they provided some much-needed mercy in spots. Here are some tips for you Switch players:
  1. Play as Funky Kong. Don’t even think about playing the classic way.
  2. Play. As. Funky. Kong. He hovers! He has more hearts! 
  3. Use the alternate controller config. The action went way smoother after I could use X and Y to grab.
  4. Play thru once (and beat the game) without worrying about all the secrets.
  5. Learn how to high-bounce off an enemy.
  6. Get all the gold Banana Coins you can. The 1-Ups and bananas don't really matter.
You will get better. There’s so much to unlock here, that the replay value (once you get over the hump) will make the game quite enjoyable.

I really wish I had the advice above when I began! 🍌🍌🍌

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving some posts to Medium and elsewhere

There may be some video game or gardening posts here, but many of my blog and non-blog posts will be visible elsewhere, mostly likely my per...