When the season started back in April, I had this funny feeling that the storylines were being dragged out. For instance, Arya was basically waffling around for 3 episodes until something interesting happened. The same goes for Daenerys... a few small scenes could have summed up her story arc, rather than 8 episodes of fluff. And, let's not mention Bran's ability to time travel... what a bad writing choice.
The other problem, and I think it was not a decision by the producers and writing staff, was to have a "Previously, on Game of Thrones" segue to help people understand what scenes are about to unfold. One thing that Game of Thrones (and HBO) could hang its hat on is its elitist attitude toward cable TV. I really hate this opener, but unfortunately this is a really commonplace crutch that is beneficial to newbies, invalids, and the infirmed.
ANYWAY, here are my predictions for Season 7:
- Something only mildly interesting will be revealed (Episode 1, Episode 4)
- The Hound and Arya will become a Murder Team (Episode 5)
- The Wall will be partially destroyed (Episode 8)
- Cersei will become pregnant (Episode 9)
- Nothing will happen with Dany's army until Episode 3
- Bran's magic will reboot the timeline and ruin the entire show (Episode 9)