Friday, January 2, 2015

Best of the Year 2014: Movie

Best of the Year 2014: Movie

A high dose of sci-fi and realism this year!

Edge of Tomorrow
Everyone thought that Oblivion was crud, but I liked it! An aging Tom Cruise is like the Charlton Heston circa 1970: making great sci-fi for posterity. Think about it, man. These movies are gonna be remembered.

--

Interstellar
While not as amazing as other Norton flicks, this one still delivers the message, the feeling, and the splendor that a movie should. I knew the twist right at the beginning, but I still enjoyed the journey. A great addition to the tiny genre of hard sci-fi.

--

Snowpiercer
As soon as you suspend your disbelief (how does that fucking aquarium stay intact?) you can enjoy the social and political questions that this film offers.

--

X-Men: Days of Future Past
I was so ready to loathe this movie: it has Old Picard reprising his decade-old role, and it has freaking stupid time travel in it. But, I was wrong.

--


MOVIE OF THE YEAR

Gone Girl
There are like seventeen write-ups about this movie at Grantland, so I will spare you another. I didn't gasp at the reveal, and I'm not married, but I still really liked it. Maybe if were married or dumber (or both) it would have been the best of the decade?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving some posts to Medium and elsewhere

There may be some video game or gardening posts here, but many of my blog and non-blog posts will be visible elsewhere, mostly likely my per...