Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Best of the Year 2015: Movie

This year was when I saw the worst movie ever and maybe the best action movie of the last 20 years.


Mad Max: Fury Road
Viva practical effects! This movie rocked me. I thought the trailer was excellent--which normally sets the bar too high for a movie. I had the lowest of expectations going in, and I knew the troubled history of the movie (and also it took years of post-production--filming mostly wrapped in 2012). The wait was worth it. As others have said, it is a watershed moment for action movies. It seemed as if only 90 seconds of the movie was not action. I don't know how anyone could top this masterpiece. It is one of a kind.

Jurassic World
This is the template for the 21st century popcorn movie. Small story, but huge action scenes.


Ant-man
Funny, great addition to the expanding comic universe.


What We Do in the Shadows
Great, original mockumentary about the vampire genre.


The Martian
It was a good year for Mars (and Pluto)!


Star Wars: The Force Awakens
How many times in your life do you get to review a Star Wars film? Well, hopefully it stays that way (and Disney handles the franchise properly). J.J. Abrams is an overrated director, and he had an impossible task, but he delivers the proper ingredients in the proper proportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving some posts to Medium and elsewhere

There may be some video game or gardening posts here, but many of my blog and non-blog posts will be visible elsewhere, mostly likely my per...