Sunday, January 4, 2015

Best of the Year 2014: Song

"Andro Queen" by Pixies
The Pixies reunion kinda got swept under the rug by the indie culture.

--

"The Gold Standard" by Prince
A podcaster recently said "thank goodness for this song". It's a weird quasi-throwback to Prince's Sexy MF days, but also 70s Parliament Funkadelica.

--

"Monuments" by the Smashing Pumpkins
Corgan's opening lyrics are "I feel alright/I feel alright, tonight". The chorus is just beautiful and warming.

--

SONG OF THE YEAR

"Seeds" by TV on the Radio
There isn't much else in rock 'n roll today that can make me dance like TVOTR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving some posts to Medium and elsewhere

There may be some video game or gardening posts here, but many of my blog and non-blog posts will be visible elsewhere, mostly likely my per...