Sunday, April 13, 2014

Best of the Year 2013: Movie

I realize this is four months late, but it took me awhile to catch up on the 2013 Oscar movies, etc. Most of the Oscar stuff was disappointing...

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
I saw a lot of people bashing this sequel. I didn't like the first one, but it gained a cult following after a semi-flop at the box office. I thought it fit its job description perfectly--I knew what I was getting in to. And, I laughed a lot.


Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
Better than the first piece of the trilogy. The barrel scene was a long, but in a good way.


Gravity
I hesitate to put this in the top 5, but it really is going to be an enduring film. I didn't necessarily like the actors, but the plot, the rising action, and the climax all were good. This is not sci-fi here, nor horror--this is the definition of realism.


Ender's Game
Really satisfying to see this done right on the big screen.


The Wolf of Wall Street
The best of the year. It's not about Leo here, it's about Scorsese. All of Marty's gifts are seen here. As a result, it is a better movie than Taxi Driver or Raging Bull.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving some posts to Medium and elsewhere

There may be some video game or gardening posts here, but many of my blog and non-blog posts will be visible elsewhere, mostly likely my per...